By Acadia Otlowski
- Mary Ann Mahoney did a committee report for AAUP Committee. She recapped the open forum held Thursday, January 23 between the university and the Board of Regents. She mentioned that many alumni, undergraduates and graduate students attended.
- Elizabeth Hicks of the SUOAF-AFSCME Committee reported that the salary calculations for 2014-15 raise would be available online.
- Steve Adair gave a report for the Faculty Advisory Committee to the Board of Regents (BOR). He spoke about BOR President Gray’s vision about making all 17 institutions into a cohesive system. He also mentioned that the decrease in enrollment reflects a drop in 18-year-olds coming to college. It is hoped that this population could be bolstered by encouraging students to take courses for college credit while still in high school.
- Adair said that it it clear that there is some conflict between Gray’s vision for the system and the members of the BOR.
- Faculty Senate President Stephen Cohen talked about three new ad hoc committees that will be reporting to the senate by the end of the semester.
- Cohen also informed the senate that the plans had been finalized for the new dining center near Kaiser lot. He also said that the architect for the Willard-Diloretto renovation has been hired and that all faculty and staff affected will be included in the process.
- The senate discussed the state of the ExcelCT plan that President Gray has proposed. The senate was unclear if the plan was still in place, or if it had been changed to a different plan.