Police still looking for Rust actor’s phone after warrant

According to police Alec BaldwinAfter a last month search warrant in the United States, he hasn’t handed over his cell phone. investigation of the “Rust” movie set shooting. 

Despite the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office getting involved, authorities said Thursday they have yet to receive the cellphone in question. Dec. 16 was the date of the search warrant.

“When Mr. Baldwin had not immediately provided his phone pursuant to the initial search warrant, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office also reached out for assistance from the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office,” a news release sent from the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office said Thursday.

“The District Attorney’s Office began working with Mr. Baldwin’s attorney to retrieve the phone.”Police were informed by the D.A. because of jurisdictional concerns. “would be facilitating the retrieval of the phone on a consent basis.” 

“To date, the cell phone has not been turned in to authorities,”The release has been added.  

Baldwin’s lawyer Aaron Dyer said Thursday in a statement to USA TODAY that he has reached an agreement with both the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and the district attorneyTurn the phone off “this week,” and Dyer’s team is finalizing logistics with the New York authorities.

“Mr. Baldwin’s phone is being turned over this week for review. Ever since this tragic incident, Mr. Baldwin has continued to cooperate with the authorities, and any suggestion to the contrary is simply untrue,”He wrote. “We requested that the authorities obtain a warrant so that we could protect his privacy on other matters unrelated to Rust and have been working through that process.” 

More:Alec Baldwin is now facing a lawsuit over the gun that killed Halyna HUTCHINS.

Police are still waiting for Alec Baldwin's phone to be turned over after sending a search warrant almost a month ago.

Baldwin, the star and producer “Rust,” was holding a revolver during film rehearsal when it fired,Halyna Hutchins, cinematographer, was killed and Joel Souza, director of Bonanza Creek Ranch’s film set was injured.Near Santa Fe, Oct. 21. 

Search warrant issuedAlec Baldwin’s phone is sought by ‘Rust” shooting investigation

USA TODAY has obtained earlier court documents that show that police sought to conduct an investigation. “forensic download” of the iPhone that will include text messages, recent call lists, images, videos, calls or other information related to the movie’s production.

Investigators suspect that there could be valuable information in the phone. “material and relevant to the investigation.”

In a December interview with ABC, Baldwin said, “Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me. If I felt that I was liable, I could have killed myself, honest to God. And I don’t say that lightly.”

Latest News

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here