by Brennah Dallaire
Passed down from my grandmother is this delicious recipe for Spring Breeze Pie. This light and airy, whipped, cream cheese pie can become a dessert staple at any party this holiday season.
Follow these simple no-bake instructions and surprise friends and family with a new tasty treat.
1 graham cracker pie crust
1-8 ounce package of cream cheese (Philadelphia brand recommended)
1-8 ounce container of frozen whipped topping (thawed)
1 cup (8oz.) sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
fresh fruit for topping
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Beat in about 1/2 cup of whipped topping into mixture. Fold in the rest of the whipped topping.
- Fill graham cracker crust to the top.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm. (1-2 hours)
- Serve with fresh fruit. Frozen strawberries pair well with the pie.
This recipe could easily be adapted to fit a low calorie, low sugar diet. Substitute low-fat cream cheese, stevia sweetener, and sugar-free whipped topping.