THERE could be nothing worse than purchasing an item online and then getting something you weren’t expecting.
Abigail Silverman was the Cosmopolitan’s creative director when she believed she was buying a table for her living area.
The brunette beauty took part in the trend, where TikTok users tell themselves that “they’re not very pretty and they’re not very smart” as they show off their fails.
Silverman first began her video with a screenshot of the side table she thought she was buying for more than $400.
Sadly, when the “table” showed up, it was more of a footstool.
The consequences of her negligence were that the creative director hadn’t checked the dimensions of the furniture piece before she bought it.
Silverman placed the small stool exactly where she would have put it, and the difference in size was quite funny.
When her followers told her to simply return it, she admitted that “it was not returnable.”
Another woman had previously called out Ikea for selling a tray that looked like it could be used in the oven, but only melted when she tried to bake on it.
Tiana Lowe (24 years old) thought she had bought a $1 baking tray. However, her impulse purchase was disastrous after she filled it with eight potato cakes.
The kitchen suddenly became smoky with a strange burning odor.
After opening the oven door, she was struck by a thick layer of smoke from the disgusting pool of dripping silver plastic.
It took her two hours to clean it.
So Tiana took to Ikea’s Facebook page to sarcastically thank the large furniture retailer for “making serving trays look like baking trays.”
But her complaint backfired when users mocked her kitchen disaster, and helpfully warned her “don’t buy a chocolate teapot.”
We pay for your stories!
Have a story to share with The US Sun team?