ANGELINA Jolie accused Brad Pitt of using his “celebrity” status to try to gain special treatment in their custody agreement, according to Page Six.
The former couple have been undergoing a heated custody battle over their six children since their split in 2016
Although Brad, 57, was awarded joint custody of their children back in May, the dispute continues with the actress accusing her ex of attempting to use his Hollywood status to his advantage.
Brad’s lawyers filed the complaint to challenge the dismissal of Judge Ouderkirk who supervised the custody battle.
In court papers seen by Page Six, Angelina’s legal team clapped back.
“This sort of gamesmanship, a last-ditch effort by a celebrity litigant seeking special treatment, is not what this Court’s limited review resources are for.
“There is nothing to see or review here. There is no issue meeting this Court’s rigorous standards for, or worthy of, review.”
Judge Ouderkirk was reported to have been disqualified for not disclosing enough information about the actor.
Judge Ouderkirk – who supposedly has history with the former couple – had reportedly married Brad and Angelina back in 2014.
It’s believed the lower courts ruled in Angelina’s favor to remove Judge Ouderkirk and dropped his ruling from the custody case.
The lawyers for the Once Upon A Time In Hollywood actor argued that Judge Ouderkirk’s error was minor and not worth removing from his custody ruling.
Angelina was also alleged to be looking for reasons to have the judge removed from his case.
Back in July, the court ruled: “Judge Ouderkirk’s ethical breach, considered together with the information disclosed concerning his recent professional relationships with Pitts counsel, might cause an objective person, aware of all the facts, reasonably to entertain a doubt as to the judge’s ability to be impartial. Disqualification is required,” according to the Associated Press.
A spokesperson for Brad told Central Recorder following the court’s decision: “The appeals court ruling was based on a technical procedural issue. The facts haven’t changed.
“There is an extraordinary amount of factual evidence which led the judge—and the many experts who testified—to reach their clear conclusion about what is in the children’s best interests. We will continue to do what’s necessary legally based on the detailed findings of what’s best for the children.”
Brad, however, refused to step down and slammed Angelina’s custody win demanding a “review” of the private judge ruling that sacked his 50-50 agreement.
According to the court papers obtained by PageSix, Brad reportedly planned to challenge his former wife’s win in their child custody case in the California Supreme Court.
A statement from the actor’s lawyers said: “We are seeking review in the California Supreme Court because the temporary judge, who had been appointed and repeatedly renewed by both sides, was improperly disqualified after providing a detailed, fact-based custodial decision, following a lengthy legal process with multiple witnesses and experts.”
IT’S ABOUT THE KIDS
Earlier this month, the mom-of-six said that she wants her kids to testify in the ongoing case.
A source told Us Weekly: “Angelina feels it’s extremely important that the kids’ feelings about who they want to essentially spend time with are heard.
“She isn’t forcing the kids to testify. She has taken the advice of the children’s therapists. She is hopeful that going forward, with an impartial and fair judge, the children will be able to testify.”
They have six children together: Maddox (20 years old), Pax (17 years), Zahara (16-16), Shiloh (15), and twins Knox (Vivienne 13).
MORE LEGAL DRAMA
To add to the legal drama, the Oceans Eleven star filed a new lawsuit against Angelina, 46, accusing her of “systematic obstruction” for allegedly working to cut Brad out of a deal to sell her shares of their $164million property in France.
The pair, according to documents obtained by Daily Mail, split the mansion and vineyard, with Brad having 60 percent of the shares and Angelina the other 40 percent.
The $164 million estate is owned by Quimicum. Brad owns part of it through Mondo Bongo, while Angelina has her share through Nouvel.
The lawsuit alleged Angelina is trying to sell her shares without allowing Brad his “right of first refusal and profit,” despite the “incredible amount of work, time and money” that he has claimed to put into it.
According to the documents, Nouvel allegedly failed Quimicum’s best interests by delaying approval of annual accounts and manager renewals for four years.
“We understand that behind this systematic obstruction, the real purpose of Nouvel and its shareholder [Jolie] is to sell its stake in Chateau Miraval SA in a way that would circumvent Mondo Bongo’s right of first refusal.
“Taking, as a result, a capital gain raised thanks to Mondo Bongo’s investment and to which Nouvel did not contribute.”
We pay for your stories!
Are you a journalist for The Sun team?