by Shaina Blakesley
Did you know you could enjoy pizza and not on your cheat day? Pizza can be healthy while still tasting delicious.
Cauliflower pizza crust can be a good substitute when you make pizza at home or even in your dorm. There are several brands that are sold at the local grocery store. A top favorite is the California-made cauliflower pizza crust made by Cali’flour Foods.
The crust is easy to make and you can virtually add any ingredients on to it, baked or fresh.
Cauliflower pizza crust is oil-free, gluten-free, grain-free, low carb and vegan. Even if you don’t like cauliflower, you can enjoy this pizza crust because it just tastes like a thin crust pizza.
Cali’flour Foods and other brands also have an assortment of pizza crust flavors such as Italian, sweet red pepper, plant-based, spicy jalapeño and so much more.
Pizza Crust Baking Instructions
Most crusts will have the instructions written on the back of the box. These instructions are for the Cali’flour Foods cauliflower pizza crusts, but can be applied to a multitude of other brands.
- Preheat the oven at 375 to 400 degrees (depending on your oven).
- Pre-bake the crust for 12 minutes.
- At about six minutes, flip the crust over and continue baking for the remainder of the time.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool for five minutes.
- While the pizza crust is cooling, you can prepare your favorite toppings.
- Add the sauce and any toppings you choose. You can have them fresh or bake them until crispy.
Here are just two out of so many deliciously different recipes you can experiment with your cauliflower pizza crust.
Chicken Bacon Garlic Pizza
- Ranch or Alfredo sauce (For your base)
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Pre-cooked chicken chopped into small pieces (Substitute meatless chicken)
- Pre-cooked bacon crumbled (Substitute meatless bacon)
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped green onions
- Diced garlic
- Once the crust is completely cooked, spread the Alfredo sauce or ranch in a thin layer and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Add remaining ingredients to your liking (not too heavy).
- Warm back up in oven until cheese is melted, approximately three minutes.
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup of drained black beans
- 1/4 cup of fresh pico de gallo or mango salsa
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- Sliced jalapeño
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Allow the crust to cool for five minutes.
- Add all the toppings fresh onto the crust.
All recipes adapted from Cali’flour Foods.