by Sarah Willson
The Student Government Association meets every Wednesday at 3:05 p.m. in Bellin A and B in the Student Center.
- The Central Connecticut State University Student Veteran Organization is asking for donations on the “Go Fund Me” website to help aid Puerto Rican hurricane victims by raising $5,000 to help with the rebuilding process. Anyone interested in donating should go to the website and search “SVO Hurricane Relief.”
- The CCSU American Society of Civil Engineers has been denied their $7,500 base budget request by the SGA due to the fact that the club has already been funded for this year’s competitions.
- The SGA committee report announced that $40,000 will be spent on scholarships for CCSU students during the 2017-18 school year.
- The Central Golf Club’s request for an extra $2,000 was approved by the SGA due to the club’s considerable growth in size for the Fall 2017 semester.
- The CCSU Art Club’s budget request of $8,000 was approved; however, the club will not receive funding for T-shirts due to budgetary restraints.
- The next Good Neighbor Campaign event, an event that aims to foster a good relationship between CCSU students and New Britain residents, will take place on Oct. 27 at 9 a.m.