by Sarah Willson
The Student Government Association meets every Wednesday at 3:05 p.m. in Bellin A and B in the Student Center.
- $6,601.73 in funds will be put towards Homecoming Week activities.
- The CCSU Ruth Boyea Women’s Center has requested an International Friendship event on Sept. 28. More information is to come.
- The New York Times is back on campus; however, it is unclear as to where copies will be delivered to. The motion for the charge has not yet been passed by the SGA.
- Mental Health Week is being planned for the week of Oct. 16 to 19, beginning Monday with mental health carnations. $458 is being set aside for 400 carnations. $200 will be used for a coffee talk on Wednesday.
- Applications for the National Student Leadership Diversity Convention are available in the SALD office and are due back Oct. 13.
- The Pride Club’s contingency request of $404.82 was approved, with $335 for movie royalties, and $69.82.
- The Ice Hockey Club’s request of $1,584 for eight jerseys was approved, with the agreement that the club will not be allowed to request money for the next two years. $4,356 will be cut due to budgetary constraints.
- The Central Step and Dance Club’s base budget of $1,986.79 was approved, with $1,986.79 for apparel, and $200 for refreshments. $100 was cut, due to lack of information.